Declan is a Director of BDO Cayman Ltd.’s corporate recovery and insolvency subsidiary, BDO CRI (Cayman) Ltd.
Declan has over 18 years experience in restructuring and insolvency, and previously worked in financial services and restructuring in Ireland.
He has worked on a variety of engagements, both solvent and insolvent, including voluntary, provisional and official liquidations and both creditors and shareholder resolutions procedures. Declan has also conducted financial reviews of companies for financial institutions.
Declan is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA). Declan served as Chairman of RISA Cayman (Recovery & Insolvency Specialists’ Association) from 2019 – 2022 and has been a committee member since 2012.
Declan obtained an LLB (Hons) law degree from London Guildhall University.
- Asset Recovery Americas Conference: Panel Discussion; ‘Onshore, offshore, unreachable shores – insolvency processes’; New York; December 2022
- C5, Fraud, Asset Tracing & Recovery Conference: Panel Discussion; ‘Cross-Border Insolvency & Restructuring in Practice: UNCITRAL and More Developments Affecting Enforceability, Asset Tracing and Recovery’; Miami; January 2022
- FIRE Americas Offshore Virtual Conference: 'Wake Up and Smell the Coffee', panel discussion and insolvency case study; September 2020
- ACCA Caribbean, Launch of Local Chapter Cayman Islands: Presentation; ‘Who, What, Where, When, Why of Corporate Recovery and Insolvency’; Grand Cayman; August 2019
- South Square RISA Conference, ‘Debate on Common Law Directors’ Duties Litigation’, Grand Cayman, November 2018
- Campbells Fund Focus 2018, ‘Dispute Resolution: Low Tech Solutions for High Tech Problems’, Grand Cayman, November 2018
- Asset Recovery Americas Conference, Knect365, Moderator and Co-Chair, New York, September 2018
- NAFER Offshore Conference, ‘Cost Effective Offshore Asset Tracing and Recovery’, Chicago, July 2018
- Recovery & Insolvency Specialists Association (Cayman), ‘Bitcoin Goldrush: Confronting New Paradigms for New Types of Assets and Preparing for their Tracing and Recovery’, Grand Cayman, May 2018
- Financial Services Overview, Cayman Finance, Grand Cayman, April 2018
- Asset Recovery International; ‘Lessons from Madoff’; Dublin, February 2018
- BDO Global Forensics Annual Conference 2016; ‘Fraud & Asset Tracing’; Hong Kong, November 2016
- C5’s 5th Miami Forum on Fraud, Asset Tracing & Recovery 2016; ‘Grand Corruption- A Crime Against Humanity – Strategies to Fund and Effect Substantial Recoveries of Value’; Miami, October 2016
- C5’s 4th Miami Forum on Fraud, Asset Tracing & Recovery, ‘Where Two Worlds Collide: Tracing the Proceeds of Fraud between Caribbean and Far Eastern Jurisdictions’, Miami, October 2015
- Recovery & Insolvency Specialists Association (Cayman), Refresher Course, Grand Cayman, June 2015
- Recovery & Insolvency Specialists Association (Cayman), Quarterly Technical Session; ‘The Search for Knowledge? Section 103’, Grand Cayman, November 2014
- Solvent Liquidations, An Industry Presentation on behalf of Krys Global, Guernsey, December 2012
- Recovery & Insolvency Specialists Association (Cayman), Refresher Course, Grand Cayman, November 2012
- Global Compliance Solutions, 8th Annual AML / Compliance & Financial Crime Conference, Grand Cayman, October 2012
- KAW 4th Annual AML/CFT Anti-Fraud & Financial Crimes Conference. Antigua, August 2012
Go to BDO CRI (Cayman) Ltd.