Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
Detection. Prevention. Compliance.
We bring deep expertise in regulatory compliance and various aspects of the financial services industry. We help clients comply with Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA)’s regulatory mandates, address enforcement actions and implement customized, risk-based IT infrastructures and policies and procedures.
Our service offerings include:
- Evaluation, assessment, and creation of industry-specific AML policies and procedures.
- Independent testing of AML Compliance Programs.
- Cyber Security, including data governance and classification; asset inventory and device management; physical security and environmental controls; third-party vendor management; and on board education.
- Assistance with regulatory enforcement actions, including developing regulatory responses and collaboration with external counsel.
- Help clients respond to irregularities raised by the regulatory authority and assist clients with their audit preparations.
- Conduction AML/CFT audits for regulated institutions to ensure they comply with the CIMA audit requirements.
- Implementation and assistance with the firm’s KYC (Know Your Customers)/CIP (Customer Identification Program)/CDD (Customer Due Diligence)/EDD (Enhanced Due Diligence) program, including evaluation and handling of Politically Exposed Persons (“PEPs”) and other high-risk customer categories.
- Assistance with suspicious activity monitoring processes.
- Suspicious Activity Report qualitative assessments based on current CIMA guidelines, including re-drafting and filing of corrected SARs and investigative analysis related to SAR decision-making process.
- AML Risk Assessment.
- Industry tailored AML Training.
Each of these service offerings is tailored to the individual needs of the client in question, taking into account of any changes in the regulatory and anti-money laundering landscape.