Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
Detection. Prevention. Compliance.
We bring deep experience in regulatory compliance and various aspects of the financial services industry. We help clients comply with Cayman Islands Monetary Authority’s regulatory mandates, address enforcement actions and implement customised, risk-based IT infrastructures and policies and procedures.
Our service offerings include:
- Conduction AML/CFT audits for regulated institutions to ensure they comply with the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA) audit requirements.
- Evaluation, assessment, and creation of industry-specific AML policies and procedures.
- Assistance with regulatory enforcement actions, including developing regulatory responses and collaboration with outside counsel.
- Help clients respond to any irregularities raised by the regulatory authority and assist clients with their audit preparations
- Independent testing of AML Compliance Programs.
- AML Risk Assessment.
- Industry tailored AML Training.
- Implementation and assistance with the firm’s KYC (Know Your Customers)/CIP (Customer Identification Program)/CDD (Customer Due Diligence)/EDD (Enhanced Due Diligence) program, including evaluation and handling of Politically Exposed Persons (“PEPs”) and other high-risk customer categories.
- Assistance with suspicious activity monitoring processes
- Suspicious Activity Report qualitative assessments based on current CIMA guidelines, including re-drafting and filing of corrected SARs and investigative analysis related to SAR decision-making process.
- Cyber Security, including data governance and classification; asset inventory and device management; physical security and environmental controls; third-party vendor management; and board education.
Each of these service offerings is tailored to the individual needs of the client in question, taking into account any changes in the regulatory and anti-money laundering landscape.